Sunday 29 March 2015

Foodie Monday #4

Hi Guys! 

How have you been doing?

It’s the time of the week for my food review. I am so sorry about the delay in posts, but since we now have two weeks of school break, we will keep up to date. Promise! 

So the week before was my 18th birthday, I decided to treat myself a lovely brunch at Top Paddock. I had heard so many amazing things about this place, and all the pictures from instagram were irresistible. 


































It was really easy to get there and when we arrived there were hardly any seats left (it was a Friday morning). I have to say the place was decorated beautifully, modern and classic at the same time. The staff were also extremely friendly and helpful!

After looking through the menu, we decided to have a hot cake, a ginger and chocolate cake and a portion of homemade bacon and eggs. The wait was around 15 minutes for all three dishes to come. I was absolutely pleased by the sophisticated decoration of the hotcake, however, I was a bit terrified by the size of it. 


































It was bigger and thicker than I thought, but the taste was undeniably amazing, and the cake was moist and even tastier than I expected. The berries and figs balanced the sweetness and the ricotta was perfectly light. 

Even though we had to share it between three people since it was so big, we all agreed that it was one of the yummiest cakes that we’ve ever tried. The ginger and chocolate cake was okay for me, and I found it a bit dry.

The last dish was bacon and eggs, pear jam on bread. The homemade bacon was amazingly delicious. It was definitely the best bacon I have ever had and again, the balance between the sourness and the saltiness was nailed successfully.

Overall I was so happy and satisfied with my yummy birthday brunch. I’m definitely going to come back and try other dishes soon! For me, Top Paddock is a must-try place for all the Melbournians. 

If you have tried the delicious food from Top Paddock then share your opinion with us!  

The address is 658 Church Street, Richmond 3121. I hope you will like this place when you try it!  

Feel free to recommend to us any of your favourite foodie places in Melbourne so we can go check them out!

6 comments:

  1. Feel free to recommend to us any of your favourite foodie places in Melbourne so we can go check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. some really great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really yummy place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks divine! I wish it was in my neck of the woods. Would love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow all of that food looks delicious! Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katrina Phelan6 April 2015 at 08:55

    That sounds amazing! Don't suppose they deliver to the U.S.? haha :)

    ReplyDelete